Minecraft integration and other new features on Teachers Appreciation day.
(New tools for Educators on Teachers Appreciation day )
Microsoft has introduced a number of new features in Microsoft teams , all of which are aimed at improving the online learning experience for both students and teachers.
While the company plans to make a range of significant changes, one feature in particular is likely to catch students’ attention: an extension of Minecraft: Education Edition, which will now “integrate seamlessly” with Teams.
The integration, according to Microsoft, will enable teachers to integrate quizzes, tests, and Flipgrid topics inside Minecraft game sessions, though it’s unclear how that will work.
Microsoft will also launch a new subscription service called Minecraft for Camps and Clubs as part of the upgrade, which is designed for teachers who work outside of the classroom.
In terms of features, Microsoft Teams has announced new tools for Teacher Appreciation Day in the United States.
A new ‘Reading Progress‘ method has been developed to assist teachers in assessing their students’ reading progress. “Reading Progress is based on a strong scientific basis of regular oral reading and near instructor supervision.
Offical announcment from Microsoft : Other features and tools on the pipeline
List of Other New features in Microsoft Teams
- Teachers would be able to organize students into task groups using group assignments (coming in August)
- The ability for third-party apps to directly issue tasks from inside Teams (coming in August)
- New calendar integrations in Teams and Outlook enable students to see where their classes are and when assignments are due (coming in August)
- More and better collaboration between LMS providers including Instructure and Blackboard and Teams, Teams meetings, and OneDrive (expected in August)
- Teachers will be able to initiate and handle chats with students via supervised chat in teams (coming later in May)