In this tutorial, we will learn How To Combine Two Graphs In Google Sheets.
How To Combine Two Graphs In Google Sheets( Overview of Steps)
- Open Google Sheet with the required dataset for which you need to combine the graphs.
- Select the complete dataset
- Click on the Insert menu and select Chart from the drop-down
- Change the Chart Type to Column Chart in the Chart Editor
- Google Sheets Combo graph is created with default settings
- Customize the Combo Chart
- If desired change the format, color, and fill as per your need
- A combined Chart will be created as per the selection
To Combine Two Graphs In Google Sheets, Select the dataset then go to the Insert menu and select Chart. On the Chart Editor change the Chart type to Combo Chart from the drop-down under Line.
Let’s go through the above steps in detail.
How To Combine Two Graphs In Google Sheets: Step by Step Guide
Enclosed are the steps to Combine Two Graphs In Google Sheets
In this example, we will combine a column chart consisting of various subjects along with the top scores for Grade 1, and Grade 2 and previous years’ scores.
Step 1: Open Google Sheet with the required for which you need to combine the graphs.
Open google Sheet and prepare your data. In this example, we will use the below dataset.
Step 2: Select the complete dataset.
Step 3: Click on the Insert menu and select Chart from the drop-down
- Click on the Insert option on the Main menu bar.
- From the drop-down Select Chart
Step 4: Change the Chart Type to Column Chart in the Chart Editor
- Once you click on the Chart option, Chart Editor will pop up on the right side of your Google Sheet.
- Click on the Down arrow in front of the default Column chart under Chart type
- Now scroll down and Select “Combo Chart” under Line.
Step 5: Google Sheets Combo graph is created with default settings
The columns of data will be randomly assigned to different graph types in the combination chart by Google Sheets as per the default settings.
Follow the below steps to change and adjust the default graph settings as per your requirement.
Step 6: Customize the Combo Chart
- Switch to the Customize tab of the Chart Editor and
- Now expand the Series section to manually select which dataset should be displayed by which chart type.
- Expand the series selector by clicking on the down arrow and adjust it as per your requirement
- In this example, we have selected Grade 1 to apply the chart to Column Grade 1 top score.
Step 7: If desired change the format, color, and fill as per your need.
Step 8: If required Change the Axis
- You can change the axis from left to Right under Axis Option
- Just click on the down arrow in front of the Left axis to change it
Step 9: Change the stacking as per your requirement
- You can also change the stacking from None to Standard by expanding the option under stacking
Step 10: A Combined Chart will be created as per the selection
How To Combine Two Graphs In Google Sheets(Summary )
Using the preceding step-by-step guide you can easily combine and create two graphs in google sheets. We hope this tutorial on How To Combine Two Graphs In Google Sheets was helpful.
Related articles :
How To Import Spreadsheet Into Google Sheets ( Easy to follow Guide)
How To Bold Lines In Google Sheets ( Quick & Easy Guide )
How to Print Gridlines in Google Sheets ( Easy Guide )
How to do VLOOKUP to the left in google sheets ( Easy Guide )