This article will explain How to Create a Pareto Chart in Google Sheets.
A Pareto chart is, in essence, a mixture of a bar chart and a line chart. Its foundation is the Pareto principle, which holds that in most cases, about 80% of outcomes result from 20% of causes.
Quickly Create a Pareto Chart in Google Sheets(Quick Overview)
- Open Google Sheet and prepare yout data set
- Cumulative Frequency Calculation for the data set .
- Create a Combo Chart ,Go to Insert-Chart
- Click on the Customize tab ,expand Series and Select “Cumulative frequencies ” .
- Now add Left axis under Axis section
How to Create a Pareto Chart in Google Sheets : Step By Step Guide
Enclosed are the steps to Create a Pareto Chart in Google Sheets
Step 1 : Open Google Sheet and prepare yout data set
As a first step we will need a data set for which we can create a Pareto Chart
Let’s assume we have the following dataset showing the electronics items with its number of available unites
Step 2 : Cumulative Frequency Calculation
- Select any cell where you need to display the calculated result for example C2
- Now type the below formula in the function fx area and then press enter
Confirm the suggested auto-fill to apply the formula on remaining cells down the column
Cumulativae frequencies will be calculate for the Selected dataset.
Step 3 : Create a Combo Chart
Click on any of the cell on the dataset and press Ctrl+A to Select the completed dataset.
Now Click on Insert->Chart .
- Click on Insert Menu on the main menu bar.
- From the drop-down options Select Chart
A default Combo Chart will be automatically generated for the Selected data.
Step 4 : Customize to create a Pareto Chart.
Select the Customize tab on the Chart editor and expand the option “Series“
Select Cumulative value from the drop-down
Scroll down and Under Axis section Select Left axis from the drop-down
A left axis will be automatically inserted into the Chart.
The Pareto chart has been created . Blue bars indicate the number of available units for each items and the red left axis indicate the cumulative value for each item.
How to Create a Pareto Chart in Google Sheets(Conclusion)
In the above tutorial we have shown you a step by step guide using which you can create a Pareto Chart in Google Sheets.
We hope this tutorial on How to Create a Pareto Chart in Google Sheets was useful.
Related articles :