This article will explain How to Create an Area Chart in Google Sheets.
How to Create an Area Chart in Google Sheets: Step By Step Guide
To identify trends in data over time, you use an area chart. Like line charts, area charts use shading to highlight the size of trends.
Enclosed are the steps to Create an Area Chart in Google Sheets
Step 1: Open Google Sheet and prepare your data set
As a first step, we will need a data set for which we can create an Area Chart
In this example, we will use the below dataset.
Step 2: Select the dataset to visualize
- Select any cell within the data set and press CTRL+A to select the entire dataset.
Step 3: Click on Insert, then click Chart.
- Now Click on the Insert menu and Select Chart from the drop-down
Once you click on Insert->Chart, Google Sheets will automatically insert an Area Chart.
Step 4: Customize the Chart
You can further customize the chart as per your requirement
- If you want to change the Title font you can do so by clicking on the Customize tab. Then expand the option “Chart and axis titles“.
- Under Section Title font you change the default Roboto font by clicking on the down arrow and selecting a font from various available options such as Comic Sans, Tahoma, Georgia, etc as per your requirement
- In case you need to change the title size you can do so by clicking on the down arrow under Title font size (by default Auto). You can choose a range from 10 to 36 . In case you want to revert back to the default font size, simply choose the Auto option.
- If you want to center align the Title navigate to the Title format section and click on Alignment .Under Alignment Choose Center
How to Create an Area Chart in Google Sheets(Conclusion)
In the above tutorial, we have shown you a step-by-step guide using which you can create an Area Chart in Google Sheets.
We hope this tutorial on How to Create an Area Chart in Google Sheets was helpful.
Related articles :