In this tutorial, we will learn How to Remove Gridlines in Google Sheets.
To remove gridlines in Google sheets, Click on the “View” menu and select Show. Now uncheck the “Gridlines” option under “Show“.
Let’s go through the steps on How to remove gridlines in Google Sheets in detail.
How to Remove Gridlines in Google Sheets : Step by Step Guide
To hide and remove gridlines in Google Sheets follow the below steps.
Step 1 : Open the Google Spreadsheet
Open the Google spreadsheet where you want to hide and remove the gridlines.
Step 2: Click on the View Menu
Click on the View menu on the main menu bar located at the top of your Google Sheet.
Step 3: Select Show from the View menu drop-down
From the view menu drop-down Select Show
Step 4 : Under Show ,Select Grildlines
- From the available options under Show ,Select Gridlines
- Once you select gridlines it will uncheck and hide the gridlines for the entire Google spreadsheet.
How to Show gridlines in Google Sheets
If you want to show the gridlines again, Go to View Menu-> Select Show and now check Gridlines
- When you check or uncheck the gridlines feature, it is only applicable to the currently active sheet.
- In order to be applicable to each and every worksheet, you need to toggle between all the sheets and check or uncheck the gridlines option
How to Hide gridlines while printing in Google Sheets
While printing a document in Google Sheets it will also print the gridlines. If gridlines are not required in your printed document you can remove the gridlines before printing.
Following are the steps to hide gridlines while printing in Google Sheets.
Step 1: Open your Google Sheet which you want to print.
Step 2: Click on the “File” menu on the main menu bar
Step 3: Scroll down and select the “Print” option at the bottom
Step 4 : Uncheck Show gridlines from Formatting settings
- Once you click on the print option, the Print settings window will pop up.
- On the right-hand side of the print settings,Expand the formatting option at the bottom of the screen by clicking on the down arrow
Uncheck “Show gridlines “
Step 5: Click on Next and then print.
Now click on the Next option on the top right corner of the printer settings screen.
Step 6 : Confirm printing
Once you will click on Next, it will be sent to your browser or Operating systems printing feature and you will get a screen to confirm the printing.
Depending on your print requirement adjust the destination printer, Color, Paper size, and scale. Now click on Print
The preceding steps will the gridlines while printing documents in Google Sheet. If you want to print the gridlines keep the default settings with gridlines checked.
Using the above-discussed steps you can quickly show or hide gridlines. It can also help you to hide or show gridlines while printing in Google Sheets.
We hope this tutorial on How to Remove Gridlines in Google Sheets was helpful.
Related articles :