In this tutorial, we will learn How to Set up recurring tasks in Todoist
To Set up recurring Tasks in Todoist follow the below steps
- Logon to Todoist and click on the plus sign or “Add Task”
- Provide a name for the Task
- Click on Today to get the recurring task scheduling option
- Type the recurrence for your task
- Click on the auto-populated recurring schedule.
- Now Click on Add task to add it to Todoist
- Navigate to Inbox to check the recurring Task
How to Set up recurring tasks in Todoist: Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Logon to Todoist and click on the plus sign or “Add Task”
Click on the plus sign or Add task on the Main screen of Todoist for Today.
You can define the task for any other day of the week or month by clicking on Upcoming on the left-hand side menu of Todoist.
In this example, we will add a task under Today view which is for Sat 19th Feb
Step 2 : Provide a name for the Task
Specify a name for the task which you want to accomplish by typing inside the box with a cursor.
Step 3 : Click on Today to get the recurring task scheduling option
Click on the Today option below the task name as shown below.
Step 4 : Type the recurrence for your task
- Once you click on Today. A new scheduling assistant screen will pop up depending on your requirement you can define the schedule.
- For this example, we are scheduling the task every Friday at 7 am. Simply Start typing the recurring schedule in the area where it shows today’s date.
For example, every Friday at 7 am
Other examples which you can type
|Todoist Natural Language||Recurring Schedule|
|every Friday||task occurs every Friday|
|every Saturday at 9 am||task occurs every Saturday at|
|every Monday, Tuesday wednesday at 9 pm||task occurs every Monday, Tuesday Wednesday |
at 9 pm
|every other Monday at 8 am||task occurs every other Monday at 8 am|
|every Thursday and Sunday at 1 pm||task occurs every Thursday and Sunday at 1 pm|
|every Feb 1st||task occurs yearly on Feb 1st|
|every 3rd Wednesday||task occurs every third Wednesday|
|every Monday starting on April 1st ending Dec 31st||task recurs every Thursday starting on April 1st|
and ending Dec 31st
|every 3 weeks starting on March 1st||task occurs every 3 weeks starting March 1st|
Examples for setting recurring tasks using Todoist natural language
Step 5: Click on the auto-populated recurring schedule.
Once you start typing your recurrence you will automatically get the Repeat schedule as shown below.
Just click on this schedule example “Fri 25 Feb -Forever”
- Now the defined task has been scheduled with a recurring date as shown in the below screenshot.
- As you can see in the below example every Friday at 7 am . The two arrows signs circling each other confirm that it’s a recurring task.
Step 6 : Now Click on Add task to add it to Todoist
Click on the add task button to add the recurring task to Todoist
Step 7 : Navigate to Inbox to check the recurring Task
Now go to Inbox
In the Inbox, you can find your defined task which has been scheduled as a recurring task.
We hope this tutorial on How to Set Up Repeating Tasks in Todoist was helpful.