This tutorial will show you How To Tag Someone On Google Sheets.
To Tag, someone on Google Sheets, select the cell where you want to write a comment and Tage someone. Now go to the insert menu and Select the Comments option. Now type the comment in the comments section and then type @ followed the name or email of the person to whom you want to Tag.
How To Tag Someone On Google Sheets: Step by Step
Enclosed are the steps to Tag Someone On Google Sheets
Step 1: Open Google Sheet and Choose the cell where you need to add a comment.
Step 2: Now Click on the Insert menu, scroll down and select “Comments” from the drop-down options
Step 3: Type your Comment on the Comment Window.
- Once you click on Insert-> Comment, a new Comment Window will pop up.
- Type your desired comment in the comment section.
Step 4: Tag the person to whom you want to address the comment
- When you are done typing tying the message and want to tag someone, simply type @ sign and then start typing the recipient’s name or email address.
- As soon as you type the person’s name or email address after the “at the rate” @ sign. A list of matching names or addresses will start appearing in the drop-down.
- Select the person or email address from the suggested drop-down as per your requirement
When you’re ready to tag someone, type the @ sign and then begin typing that person’s name or email address. A list of matching people will appear. Click on one to tag them.
Step 5: Click on the Green Comment button to post the comment
A note will appear as shown below and your @mention will be added to the discussion along with email notification :
Your @mention will add people to this discussion and send an email.
Step 6: Now to See the Comment just move the mouse cursor over the cell and the specified comment will appear
Step 7: Assign the Task if required
You can also assign the task to a person, by using the Assign to option as shown below
How To Tag Someone On Google Sheets(Summary)
We hope this tutorial on How To Tag Someone On Google Sheets was useful.
Related articles :
How To Transpose Data in Google Sheets
How to count non-empty cells in google sheets
How to Count Cells based on Color in Google Sheets