In this tutorial, we will learn How to insert a dotted line in PowerPoint Presentation.
While preparing your presentation dotted lines can be very useful to convey the message while begin used as a connector.
Enclosed are the steps to insert a dotted line in PowerPoint Presentation
- Open your PowerPoint Presentation
- Draw a line using Insert Menu
- Convert the line to dotted
- A dotted line will be created in your PowerPoint Presentation
Let’s go through the above steps in detail.
How to insert a dotted line in PowerPoint Presentation: Step by Step Guide
Follow the below steps to insert a dotted line in PowerPoint Presentation.
Step 1: Open your PowerPoint Presentation
One the PowerPoint Presentation and go to the slide where you need to insert a dotted line.
Step 2: Draw a line using Insert Menu
- Click on the Insert menu on the Main Menu bar
- Now Click on the down arrow below the Shapes Symbol which is part of Illustrations
- From the available drop-down options select a Straight Line.
- Now Click on the Slide and you will get the option to drag it and make it into a line.
- Drag the using the mouse cursor from left to right as shown below
- This will create a new line in your Slide
Step 3: Convert the line to dotted
Click on the created line and you will see the Shapes Styles option on the top in the quick access menu.
Now Click and expand the Shape and Outline option.
- From the drop-down Select Dashes
- Under Dashed you can choose your preferred dotted line.
- Now again Click on Shape Outline and Select Weight from the drop-down.
- Under the Weight option, you will get to adjust the thickness of the line.
- Choose and adjust the thickness of the line as per your requirement
Now the created line will be changed to the Selected dash style and weight.
Using the preceding step-by-step guide you can add a dotted line in Powerpoint Presentation with ease.
We hope this tutorial on How to insert a dotted line in PowerPoint Presentation was helpful