How to start your data backup from google drive .
Using google’s backup and sync client
Google Disk Sync is a Google program that allows you to sync your local drive with Google Drive. This sync client along with one-time transfer, also sync your local and Google Drive data, ensuring that any new files added to Google Drive are automatically saved on your hard drive.
Since your files will be synced, any changes you make in your Drive files will also be mirrored on your desktop. Deleted from Google Disk indicates that the file has been removed from the computer’s hard drive.
How to Backup Google Drive Manually
You can back up your data manually, without the use of any programs.
You have three options for this, and each of them works in the same way – you must duplicate your data – but in somewhat different ways. All have advantages and disadvantages, so pick the one that is most convenient for you!
Using an external hard drive to back up Google Drive
The best option to backup Google Drive is to backup Google Drive locally if you only need to store a small quantity of data once. Copying and downloading your Google Disk files to your hard drive is the simplest and most manual technique of making a backup.
Copying and downloading your Google Disk files to your hard drive is the simplest and most manual technique of making a backup.
- Choose all files by using Ctrl+A, or individually select the ones you want to copy.
- Select Download from the context menu by right-clicking. The files will be compressed into a zip file.
- Store this copy in a safe location and extract files as needed.
Google Takeout is a tool that copies your Google account data only once. Google Drive, Gmail, Photos, Contacts, and other Google services are included. Because we need to make a copy of your Google Drive data in our scenario, we’ll concentrate on that in our guide.
- Log in to your Google account and select Download your data from the drop-down menu. There, you’ll get a list of all the apps that have access to your data. By default, all of them are selected, so to pick only specific files, press Deselect All and then check the box next to the field you require.
- To download only a portion of your data, pick all of it and uncheck the boxes next to the files you don’t want to save. Then press the Next step button.
- Personalize your archive by selecting the delivery method, export type, file type, and size.