In this tutorial, we will learn How to Copy a Formula down a column in google sheets.
To Copy a Formula down a column in google sheets you can use the fill handle and drag it downwards on the respective cells which will apply the formula down to the rest of the cells in a column.
If you are someone who likes to use keyboard shortcuts you can use Control Key CTRL along with D (Ctrl+D )
How to Copy a Formula down a column in google sheets: Step by Step Guide
#Using Google Autofill
To copy a formula down a column in Google Sheets, you can use the Autocomplete feature in Google Sheets which will automatically apply the formula to the rest of the cells as soon as you type the formula on the first cell and confirm Auto-fill.
#Using Fill-hand for Small Dataset
If your Google Sheet doesn’t have a large number of data, you can use the fill handle in Google Sheets.
Enclosed are the steps to Copy a Formula down a column in google sheets using Fill-handle :
- Choose the cell where the formula has been already applied.
- Drag the mouse cursor to the right bottom corner of the selected cell. As soon as you move the cursor to the corner it will turn into a plus symbol.
- Now using the left mouse click and drag it down the cells.
- Left-click and drag to cover all the cells in which you want to copy down the formula.
- Now release the left mouse click at the end of Cell.
We hope this tutorial will help you to easily Copy a Formula down a column in google sheets.
Related articles :