In this tutorial, you will learn How to Add Alt Text to Images in Word.
Alternative text provides a description of an image’s usage on a page.Screen readers read out loud the Alt text to visually impaired readers to provide information regarding the image.
How to Add Alt Text to Images in Word: Step by Step Guide
Below are the steps to add Alt text to images in Word
Step 1 :
- Choose a Picture for which you want to add Alt Text
- Click on the image and it will get Selected
Step 2 :
- Click on the Picture Format tab on the Main menu
Step 3 :
- Under Picture Format menu ,Click on the Alt Text button as shown below
Step 4 :
- Specify a description for the image in the Description box .
- Once you click on the Alt Text button ,an Alt Text screen will pop-up on the top right side of your word document with a white Box.
Step 5 :
- If required Mark the image as decorative.#
- If your image is decorative which basically adds only visual interest to the readers and does’t provide any information.
Step 6 :
Click on the cross sign to close the Atl Text screen.
As the Alt text has been defined for the image whenever this document is read by a screen reader software ,it will read out loud its Alt text description.
How to Add Alt Text to Images in Word(Conclusion)
In the preceding article we have shown you a step by step guide to quickly add an alt text to image in word .We hope this tutorial on How to Add Alt Text to Images in Word was useful.
Related articles :
How to Make a Pie Chart in Ms Word(Quick & Easy Guide )
How to disable Live Preview in Outlook and MsWord
How to Make a Line Graph in Microsoft Word(Quick & Easy Guide )