In this tutorial you will learn How to Create a Kanban Board in Google Sheets
To create a Kanban Board in Google Sheets(Overview of steps)
- Open Google Sheets and prepare your dataset
- Create a drop-down list for the Status Column
- Add Color for Each Status
- Now your Kanban board will be ready where you can select the status of each task indicated with different colors
How to Create a Kanban Board in Google Sheets : Step by Step Guide
Enclosed are the steps to Create a Kanban Board in Google Sheets
Step 1: Open Google Sheets and prepare your dataset
Open Google Sheet and prepare your dataset for the Kanban board
Step 2 : Create a drop-down list for the Status Column
In a Kanban board we need to track the actual status of each task .To do so we need to create a drop-down list for the Column Status.
Follow the below steps to create a drop-down list
- Select the Cell C2 (Cell can be different as per your dataset )
- Now Click on Data menu on the Main menu bar
- From the drop-down options ,Select the data validation option
- As soon as you click on the Data validation option .A data validation screen will pop-up
- Now Click on the Down arrow beside of List of range infront of the Criteria option
- Select List of items option from the drop-down
Write down the list of items separated by comma and Click on Save
A drop-down list has been created for the Status Column
Step 3 : Add Color for Each Status
We will use different colors to identify each task .You can assign color to each task such as To do,In progress and completed by assigning a color in the Status List.
Follow the below steps to assign colors to each status
- Click on the Cell C2 on the Status Column
- Now click on the Format menu and Select conditional formatting
- On the Single Colour tab under Format rules ,Click on the down arrow under format cells if and Select “Text is exactly“
- Now on the Value or formula box type the text which you want show for that color
- Now Click on the fill color option to customize the Color
- After Choosing the Color, Click on the Done button
- Now to add color to the rest of the Status,on the Conditional format rules,Click on Add another rule.
- Now repeat the previously shown steps to add colors for the status In progress and Completed .Choose a different color for rest of the status
- Now we have the colors assigned for each status text
- To get the drop-down list option on the rest of the cells(C3:C5) in the Column Status .Move you mouse on the Blue square pointer on Cell C2 and drag it downwards
- Now you can Select the Status of each task from the drop-down list and it will be shown as per the assigned color
How to Create a Kanban Board in Google Sheets (Conclusion )
In the above tutorial we have provided you a step by step guide using which you can create a Kanban board in Google Sheets.
We hope this tutorial on How to Create a Kanban Board in Google Sheets was useful.
Related articles :