In this tutorial, we will see, how to create backlinks in Notion.
Below are the steps to create backlinks in Notion :
- Start Notion and open the page where you need a backlink
- Type [[ at the end of the text and select the page which you want to link.
- Select the required page and the link will be created.
- You will see a link pointing to another page
Notion users were waiting for this feature which is the ability to create bi-directional links aka backlinks. Notion finally listened to its audience and provided the awesome backlink feature.
But what are backlinks in Notion ?
If you have two Notion pages and you want to jump from one page to another page. You can simply create a link which in your first page called backlink which will point towards the second page. This allows you to jump directly to your second page from inside your first page with a link.
Below is the step-by-step guide on How to create backlinks in Notion.
How to create backlinks in Notion : Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Start Notion
- Start Notion and open the page where you want to create a link to another page.
- Let’s assume you have some text on your Notion page and you want to link it to another page as a reference.
Step 2 :Type “[[” without quotes at the end of the text and select the page which you want to link.
- Type the open bracket key twice “[[” or @ at the end of the text followed by the name of the page which you want to it. In this example, we will add the Personal Budget page as a link.
Step 3: Select the required page.
- In this example, we will link to the page “Personal Budget”
- As you can see below as soon as we start typing the text, the required page pop-up in the drop-down.Click on the page or Hit enter key
- Once you select the Page. A link will be created to another page as shown below.
- Now we are at another page and you can see below the Personal Budget title we have an arrow sign with the text “1 backlink”.When the link was created in the Original page towards the Personal Budget page, Notion created one backlink for this Page.
One cool feature about Notion backlinks is that they are dynamic and update themselves which means if you change the title or description of the page, every link to that page will update automatically.
How to Create a New Subpage
- To create a new subpage. Type [[ at the end of the text as shown below
- Select the “Add new sub-page” with a plus sign in the dropdown.
- Once you click on “Add new sub-page” a new sub-page will be created. You can add a title to this new sub-page as per your need.
We hope this tutorial was helpful. Do check out our other useful articles.
Related article :