In this tutorial, we will learn How to disable Google translate in Chrome.
By default, the Google Chrome browser will automatically translate a webpage in the default browser language. However, if you need the auto-translation, you can disable it.
To disable Google translate in Chrome
- Click on the three dots on your Browser.
- Click on Settings
- Go to Advanced
- Under Advanced Select Languages.
- Under Languages Click on the down arrow sign.
- Toggle to switch off or Switch on the auto-translate
Let’s see How to disable Google translate in Chrome in detail.
How to Disable Google Translate in Chrome : Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Click on the three dots on your Browser
- Click on the three dots symbol on the top right corner of your browser as shown below.
Step 2: Click on Settings
Step 2: Go to Advanced.
- Go to the Advanced option on the bottom left corner of the settings screen.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in front of Advanced as shown below
Step 3: Under Advanced Select Languages.
- Under Advanced dropdown click on Languages.
Step 4: Under Languages Click on the down arrow sign.
- Once you click on Languages (Step 3 ), you will get a Languages screen.
- Click on the down arrow as shown below
Step 5: Toggle to switch off or Switch on the auto-translate
- At the bottom you will see the text :
"Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language you read"
This feature is enabled by default in Google Chrome. Simply Toggle the button to the left to switch off or keep it as it is in case you want it to be enabled.
- A Google Transalte icon will appear on the Top right corner of your browser Whenever you visit a website which is being auto-tranlated by Google Chrome
- Click on the icon and you will see from which language it is being translated .
- For example in the below screenshot as we have visited a German language website ,it is being translated from German to English.
- To Change the Google translate to some other language. Simply click on the three dots and click on “Choose another language “
You can also choose other options based on your requirement.
We hope this tutorial on How to disable Google translate in Chrome was helpful.
Related articles :