In this tutorial, you will learn How to Make a Waterfall Chart in Google Sheets
To create a waterfall Chart in Google Sheets you can follow the below steps (Overview of steps )
- Open Google Sheet and Prepare your dataset
- Select your data in Google Sheet
- Go to the Insert menu and Select the Chart option
- Change the Default Chart type to Waterfall Chart
- Now waterfall Chart will be displayed based on your data
How to Make a Waterfall Chart in Google Sheets: Step by Step Guide
Enclosed are the steps to Make a Waterfall Chart in Google Sheets
Step 1 : Open Google Sheet and Prepare your dataset
Open an existing or new Google Sheet and prepare your dataset which you are going to use for the waterfall chart
In this example we will use the below use the below Quartely income and expenses Report in Google Sheets:
Step 2 : Select your data in Google Sheet
Select the data for which you need to create a waterfall Chart
Step 3 : Go to the Insert menu and Select the Chart option
- Click on the Insert menu on the main menu bar.
- Now from the drop-down Select the Chart option.
You can also use the quick menu bar shorcut on the top right of your google sheet as shown below.
Step 4 : Change the Default Chart type to Waterfall Chart
- Once you click on the insert Chart option ,Chart editor screen will pop on the right side of your Google Sheets.
- Google Sheets will by default create a Line Chart based on your data
- On the Chart type click on the down arrow to change the Chart type.
- Now scroll down and Select the Waterfall Chart Under Other
Step 5 : Now waterfall Chart will be displayed based on your data
Google Sheets will calculate the subtotal with a plotted grey bar located on the right side of your water fall Chart .
To check the value of individual bars you can just move the mouse cursor on top of it.
How to Make a Waterfall Chart in Google Sheets(Conclusion )
We hope this tutorial on Waterfall Chart in Google Sheets was useful.
Related articles :