In this tutorial, we will see How to Zoom-in and Zoom-Out in Google Sheets.
One of the very basic and essential features where Microsoft Excel scores overs Google Sheets is the ability to Zoom-in and Zoom-Out with ease.
Zoom in and Zoom-Out in Google Sheet requires a few extra steps. Let’s find out How to Zoom-In and Zoom-Out in Google Sheets and read without putting too much stress on our eyes.
How to Zoom-In and Zoom-Out in Google Sheets
(How do I change the default zoom in Google Sheets? )
Option 1 : Use the in-built zoom feature in Google Sheets
# Select the Zoom functionality from the Main menu
- Go to Main menu toolbar and Select View
- Under View Select Zoom
- Once you click on Zoom you will get the option to Zoom-in and Zoom-Out by increasing and decreasing the percentage.
#This Zoom feature can also be accessed by clicking on the down arrow key in front of the percentage under the Main menu toolbar as shown below.
- Click on the drop down arrow shown infront of 100% under the Main menu Toolbar as shown below .This will provide you with the option to increase (Zoom-Out) or Decrease ( Zoom-in ) the percentage.
- As per you requirement you can select the Zoom level .To Zoom Out you can select the pre-defined percentage such as 125%,150% or 200% or you can provide a custom value to enlarge the view.
- To Zoom-in Select a value lower than 100% such as 90%,75% or 50% to make it smaller.
Option 2: By using the Zoom functionality of your Browser.
You can also Zoom-in and Zoom-out the Google Sheets by using the Zoom-in, Zoom-Out feature on your Web Browser.
Follow the below steps to Zoom-in and Zoom out in Chrome and Microsoft Edge Web browsers.
Step 1: Click on the three dots on the Top right corner of the browser as shown below.
Google Chrome :
Microsoft Edge :
Step 2 : Click on the plus and minus sign infront of Zoom to Zoom out and Zoom in as per your requirement .
Google Chrome :
Microsoft Edge :
If you are using Mozilla firefox browser.Please follow the below steps to Zoom in and Zoom Out in Google Sheets.
- Navigate to the top right corner of your Mozilla Browser and click on the three dots as shown below to open the Menu.
- Click on the plus /minus signs infront to Zoom option to Zoom in or Zoom Out
There are few limitations to the Zoom-in and Zoom Out feature in Google Sheets.
- Zoom-In and Zoom-Out in one worksheet applies to all worksheets within the Google Sheets document.
- There is no quick access button to increase and decrease the Zoom .You need to rely on keyboard shortcuts .
Handy keyboard Shortcuts to Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Google Sheets
Can you zoom out in Google Sheets ?
Yes you can zoom out in Google sheets .Follow the below keyboard shortcuts.
In Windows :
- Use the keyboard Shortcut CTRL+ Plus key :Press and hold the Control key on you keyboard and now press the Plus sign key
- Use the keyboard Shortcut CTRL+ Minus key :Press and hold the Control key on you keyboard and now press the minus sign key
- If you want to restore the Zoom to its default value (100%) .Press and hold the CTRL key and then press 0 numeric key
- To Zoom Out : CMD+ Plus key
- To Zoom in : CMD + Minus key
- When you zoom one worksheet, it also applies the same zoom to all the other worksheets of the document.
- There is no shortcut to change the zoom. So every-time you need to increase/decrease the zoom, you need to follow the above steps.
- You can pinch and change the magnification levels when using Google Sheets on a Tablet(Ipad ) and Smartphone.
- You can adjust the zoom levels by pressing,holding the Control key and then moving the scroller when using a mouse with a scroller.
How do I zoom in Google Sheets app ?
- Pinch open to zoom in. Pinch closed to zoom out.
- With zoom, you may make a file appear larger or smaller in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
How do you zoom out on Google sheets on a Mac ?
- To zoom out on Mac press and hold the CMD key ,now press the plus sign key to zoom out .
We hope this tutorial on How to Zoom-In and Zoom-Out in Google Sheets was helpful.
Relate articles :