This article will explain How to Create a Quadrant Chart in Google Sheets.
A quadrant chart is a particular kind of graph that enables you to see the points on a scatter plot as belonging to four different quadrants.
How to Create a Quadrant Chart in Google Sheets : Step By Step Guide
Enclosed are the steps to Create a Quadrant Chart in Google Sheets
Step 1 : Open Google Sheet and prepare yout data set
As a first step we will need a data set for which we can create a Quadrant Chart
You can create an arrange your dataset in X-axis and Y-axis as shown below .
Step 2 : Insert a Scatter Plot Graph
- Select any cell within the data set and press CTRL+A to select the entire dataset .
- Now Click on the Insert menu and Select Chart from the drop-down
Step 3 : Change the Chart type
Once you click on Insert->Chart .A Chart editor screen will pop-up on the right side of your Google Sheets..
Google Sheet will automatically insert a default Line Chart for the Select data set as shown below.
- Click on the down arrow in front of Line Chart under Chart type
- Now scroll down and Select Scatter Chart from the suggested Charts
Step 4 : Customize to create a Quadrant Chart.
In the Scatter plot the X-axis range from -6 to 4 and Y-axis range from -10 to -10.But the Required Quadrant chart requires both the axis to have the same range.
- To edit the range for X-axis Click on the Customize tab on the Chart editor.
- Now Scroll down and expand horizontal axis and change the Min and Max values to -10 and 10.
Now both the X-axis and Y-axis will have the same range .
How to Create a Quadrant Chart in Google Sheets(Conclusion)
In the above tutorial we have shown you a step by step guide using which you can create a Quadrant Chart in Google Sheets.
We hope this tutorial on How to Create a Quadrant Chart in Google Sheets was useful.
Related articles :