In this tutorial, you will learn How To Make A Stacked Bar Chart In Google Sheets
To make a stacked Bar Chart in Google Sheets follow the below steps :
- Open Google Sheets
- Prepare your dataset
- Select the dataset for which you want a stacked Chart
- Insert Chart
- Change the default Chart type
- Your Stacked Bar Chart will be displayed beside the dataset.
How To Make A Stacked Bar Chart In Google Sheets: Step by Step Guide
Enclosed are the steps to Make a Stacked Bar Chart in Google Sheets :
Open Google Sheets
Prepare your dataset
First, we need to prepare our dataset for which we need to create a stacked Chart.
- Your first columns should have labels indicating the main categories
- The other columns will display the data with respect to each sub-category you want to display on your chart.
- Make sure to create Headers on top of your Columns which will be displayed as labels on the Stacked Bar Chart.
In this example, we will use the below dataset
Step 3 :
Select the dataset for which you want a stacked Chart
Select the Entire dataset by just Clicking on any cell with data and pressing the Ctrl+A key
Step 4 :
Now Click on the Insert menu and Select the Chart option from the drop-down
Step 5 :
Change the default Chart type
Once you select Insert->Chart, the Chart editor screen will pop up on the right side of your Google Sheet.
To Change the default Chart style, Click on the down arrow under Chart type as shown below.
Now scroll down and Select the Stacked Chart option under Bar from the drop-down.
Step 6 :
Your Stacked Bar Chart has been created.
You will get a stacked bar chart displayed beside the cells. Adjust the Chart position by using drag and drop.
How To Make A Stacked Bar Chart In Google Sheets(Conclusion)
In this tutorial, we have shown you how to create a stacked bar Chart in Google Sheets.
We hope this step-by-step guide on How To Make A Stacked Bar Chart In Google Sheets was useful.
Related articles :