In the latest version of HP Chromebook X2 11, Google has released a new note-taking app called Cursive, which is not limited to Google Play Store. Rather, it is a web-based Progressive Web Apps which anyone can use but only on Chromebooks.
Features of Cursive Web App :
- With the Cursive app and a touchscreen Chromebook with a pen, you can save, edit, and organize handwritten notes. You can also edit your notes with touchscreen gestures.
- Your notes are synced to your Google Account and can be found using the Chrome browser.
- If you have a touchscreen with stylus you cab edit notes with touchscreen gestures
- You can export your Notes as PDF.
As the usage of the Cursive web app is limited to Chromebooks. In this tutorial, we will see how to use Cursive Chromebook web app on Windows .
Step by Step Guide : How to use Cursive Chromebook web app on Windows
Step 1: Go to cursive. apps.chrome
- As the app is designed for Chromebook OS, you will get a message “Cursive is designed for Chromebooks”.
- The app will go into read-only mode. As by design it can be only run on Chromebook.
- Click on Continue anyway.
Step 2: Click on the three-dot on the top right on the browser and go to More tools->developer tools
You can also use Ctrl+Shift+I keys on your keyboard.
You will see a developer tools window similar to what is shown below
Step 3: Click on Network and then go to the three dots ->then click on More Tools.
Under More tools go to Network conditions as shown below.
Step 4: Under Network Conditions in front of User-agent uncheck “Use Browser default”
Step 5: Under Custom select “Chrome – Chrome OS ” and refresh/reload the page with F5
If you are already loggen on to your gmail account you will below screen
Other Useful article : How to take a scrolling screenshot in Chrome
To know more about How to take handwritten notes with Cursive check below link.