In this tutorial, we will learn How to Write Fractions In Google Docs.
While working with Google Docs you might have come across a situation wherein you need to use fractions but you don’t know how to write or use fractions in Google Docs.
Let’s figure out How to Write Fractions In Google Docs.
How to Write Fractions in Google Docs : Step by Step Guide
To write fractions in Google Docs use the below methods.
#option 1 : By using the Google Equation editor
This is the simplest way to write(make) fractions in Google docs.
Step 1: Logon to Google docs
Log on to google docs where you need to write and use a fraction.
Step 2: Select the Equation option from the Insert Menu
Go to the Main menu and click on insert. From the drop-down select Equation as shown below.
Step 3: Select the Equation from the Equation toolbar
- Once you click on Equation, you will get a New equation toolbar as shown below
- Click on Math Operations and select a/b fraction type
Step 4: Type the numbers in numerator and denominator
Once you select the math operations, you will get the below option to type numbers in numerator and denominator.
Type your required number in the numerator and then type enter to type the number in the denominator.
Your required fraction will be available in Google docs
Google Docs Equation Shortcut
You can also access the Google Docs Equation editor using a Keyboard shortcut.
Press and hold the ALT key and now press the I key ( ALT+I ). You will see E on the equation is underlined.
This will open the Insert Menu in Google docs, Now Press the E key
Option 2 : Using the Substitution Feature
Step 1: Select Preferences from Tools.
- Go to the Main Menu and select Tools.
- Under Tools menu drop-down select Preferences
Step 2: A new Preferences window will pop up. Click on the Substitutions option
Step 3: Check your desired fraction from Automatic substitution
- Scroll down to check for the available Automatic substitution for fractions and Click OK.
Step 4: Type the Required fraction.
- Now press enter, Google docs will automatically convert your enter number into a fraction.
Option 3 : Using Special Characters
Step 1: Go to Insert Option on the Main menu.
- Hover over to the Insert option on the Main menu .
- From the drop-down Select Special Characters.
- Once you click on Special Characters a new screen will pop up as shown below.
Step 2: Select Numbers Under Symbol.
- Click on the down arrow in front of Symbol and select Numbers
Step 3: Select Fractions/related under Decimal Option.
- Click on the down arrow in front of Decimal to get the drop-down option.
- Select Fractions/related .
- Select your required fraction.
The required fraction has been inserted in Google docs.
How to Stop Google docs from auto converting fractions.
We hope this tutorial on How to Write Fractions in Google Docs was helpful.
Other articles :