In this tutorial, we will learn How to Create Charts and Diagrams in notion using mermaid.
- Notion keeps providing new features to its large community of users. This time Notion has come up with a new feature wherein you can create charts and diagrams using the mermaid language.
- You can get your hands dirty and play around with this new Notion+mermaid integration.
How to Create Charts and Diagrams in notion using mermaid.
Step 1: Logon to Notion.
- Log on to your Notion account and open the page where you want to create a chart or diagram.
Step 2: Type “/code” (without quotes) on the Notion Page.
- Type /code and select code as shown below.
Step 3: Set the language to Mermaid
- Click on the down arrow as shown in the below image.
- Search for the language mermaid
- Once the language mermaid is selected. In front of Mermaid switch from split using the down arrow and set it to code.
Now you can use the mermaid code to create Flow Charts and Diagrams.
To learn the mermaid syntax you can follow the below link.
Learn Mermaid syntax → https://mermaid-js.github.io/mermaid/#/
In this example, we will create a User work journey diagram.
title My working day
section Go to work
Make tea: 5: Me
Make Breakfast: 3: Me
Do work: 1: Me, Cat
section Go home
Go downstairs: 5: Me
Sit down: 5: Me
To view, the diagram switch from code to Preview as shown below.
This is how the User Journey diagram looks. You can customize the code as per your requirement.
Similarly, you can create pie charts, flowcharts, sequence diagrams, Gantt Diagram, etc using mermaid language in Notion.
So play around with this awesome Notion+Mermaid integration and create some amazing diagrams.
We hope this tutorial on How to Create Charts and Diagrams in notion using mermaid was helpful.
Related articles :