In this tutorial, we will discuss the troubleshooting steps for Google Sheets Formulas Not updating
At times your might get issues and errors with Formulas in Google Sheets which can be very time-consuming and will need a lot of troubleshooting to finally get a solution.
Try to follow the below solution when Google Sheets Formulas are Not Updating
- Try to Refresh Your Spreadsheet
- Try to Change the Calculation Settings
- Try to Restore to an Earlier Version
- Try to Make a Copy of Your Spreadsheet
Let’s go through the preceding steps in detail.
Google Sheets Formulas Not Updating ( Solution)
Try to Refresh Your Spreadsheet
If your formulas are not working in Google Sheets try to perform a refresh and see if that solves the problem.
- To refresh your Google Sheets, click on the Reload page on top of your browser beside the Lock Sign.
- You can also use the Keyboard Shortcut key F5 to refresh the page.
Try to Change the Calculation Settings
Even after refreshing your Google Sheet you still face the same error try to tweak and change the calculation settings.
To change the Calculation Settings follow the below steps:
Step 1: Go to the Main Menu bar, Click on File and choose settings from the dropdown.
Step 2: Under “Settings for this spreadsheet” switch to Calculation Tab
- Try to tweak and adjust the settings for Recalculation and iterative Calculation options and click on Save
Changing the settings and then reverting it back might also work in a few scenarios.
Try to Restore to an Earlier Version
If still, your formulas are not working try restoring and reverting back to an earlier version of your Google Sheets.
To restore to an earlier version of Google Sheets follow the below steps:
- Click on File menu on the Main Menu bar
- Under File menu drop-down Select version History.
- Under Version History select See version History.
- In th Version History Click on a previous version .
- Now either Click on the three dots to get the restore this version option or Click on the Restore this version button on top left of the Page.
File->Version History-> See Version History ->
Try to Make a Copy of Your Spreadsheet
If none of the above-mentioned solutions work for you try to make a copy of your spreadsheet.
Go to the File menu on the Main menu bar and click on Make a copy
There might be various reasons due to which formulas might not be updated on your Google Sheets. Try to apply the above-discussed solutions. It might fix your issue.
We hope this tutorial for Google Sheets Formulas Not Updating was helpful.
Related articles :