In this tutorial, we will see the difference between Google Sheets Notes vs Comments
Google Sheet notes and Comments features can be incredibly useful in a variety of daily to day office activities.
Google Sheets Notes vs Comments: What’s the difference
The main dissimilarity between Notes and Comments in Google Sheets is that Google Sheet notes can only be used as a text box to write notes for personal use whereas with Comments you can work in a collaborative environment and share information with others.
- Using comments you can dynamically comment and communicate with other team members.
- With comments you can also tag team members and assign a specific task to them
In a nutshell, we can say Notes is good for individual use and comments us better for teamwork.
How to Add Notes in Google Sheets
- Select and Right Click into the cell where you need to add a Note
- Scroll down and select Insert note.
- Start typing your note in the available text box.
- Once you are finished typing your Note ,Click on any Cell outside the Notes Checkbox
- You have successfully added a Note in Google Sheets
- To Check and see the Note ,Hover your mouse cursor on top of Cell.
How to Delete Your Note
- Select and right click on the cell where you need to delete a Note.
- Under available options Click on Clear Notes.
How to Add Comments in Google Sheets
- Select the cell where you need to add a comment.
- Scroll down and Click on Comment
- Start typing your comment in the Comment text box and then click on Comment.
How to Delete a Comment
- Hover over your mouse cursor on top of the cell with comments
- Now Click on the 3 dots on the top right side of the Comments text box.
- From the drop-down Select Delete
- Now it will ask for confirmation “ Delete this comment thread ”
- Click on Delete
We hope this article about Google Sheets Notes vs Comments was helpful.
Related articles :