In this tutorial, we will learn How to make a matrix in google docs.
Google docs don’t come with an in-built feature to quickly create a Matrix(Matrices) in Google docs.So how to make a matrix in Google docs. Let’s find out the solution.
How to make a matrix in Google docs : Step by Step Guide
To make a Matrix in Google docs follow the below steps :
How to make a matrix in Google docs ( Overview of Steps )
- Open your Google document where you need to make a matrix.
- Insert a Table in your Google docs.
- Adjust the size of the table.
- Open the table properties.
- Under Table properties adjust the Table Border
- Type the numbers inside the table .
- Select the Borders of the Cells with numbers.
- Go to Border color settings and change the background color to White .
- Required Matrix will be created
How to Insert a 5×5 Matrix in Google docs
In the following example, we will create a 5×5 Matrix.
Step 1: Open your Google document where you need to make a matrix.
- Log on to docs.google.com and open your Google docs document where you want to create a Matrix.
Step 2: Insert a Table in your Google docs.
- Go to the Main Menu and Click on the Insert menu.
- Under Insert, drop-down click on Table and select a 5 *5
- This will create a 5×5 table in your Google docs as shown below.
Step 3: Adjust the size of the table.
Hover the mouse cursor on top of the table/cell corners and drag it to the right to Adjust its size as shown below.
Step 4: Open the table properties.
- Hover the mouse cursor to the left top-most first cell.
- Now press and hold the left mouse click and drag it to the another end to select the entire table .
- Now right-click and select Table properties .
Step 5: Under Table properties adjust the Table Border
- Expand the color section under Table properties.
- Now change the table border from 1pt to 2.25 pt
- Below is the result after changing to 2.25pt
Step 6: Type the numbers inside the table
Type the numbers inside the second, third and fourth cells of the table.
Step 7: Select the Borders of the Cells with numbers.
Press and hold the shift key and click on each border of the cells as shown below .
Go to Border color settings and change the background color to White.
5×5 Matrix has been successfully created as per the requirement.
We hope this tutorial on How to make a matrix in Google docs was helpful.
Related articles :