In this tutorial, we will learn How to Overlap Images in Google Docs
While working with Google docs you might come across a situation where you need to overlap images in Google Docs.
You can use wrap text and Google drawing options in Google docs to Overlap Text
To overlap images in Google docs follow the below options.
- By Using Wrap text
- By Using Google Drawings
How to Overlap Images in Google Docs : Step by Step Guide
Here are the detailed steps to Overlap images in Google docs using wrap text and Google Drawings
#By Using Wrap text
Step 1: Upload the required image in Google doc
- Go to the Main menu bar and click on the insert menu.
- Under Insert menu Click on Image .
- Under Image Select Upload from computer
Select the required image and click on Open
You will now see the image in Your Google doc.
Following the preceding steps upload another image.
Drag the corners of the image to adjust and reduce its size using the mouse, so that both the images appear side by side as shown below.
Step 2 : Wrap the Text
Now Click on any of the images and select the three dots.
From the drop-down Select All image options.
Now under the image options Screen which you will get on the right-hand side of your Google doc. Click on Text wrapping and Select Wrap Text
Or you can also simply click on any image and Select Wrap text as shown below.
Step 3: Adjust the Margin.
- Once you click on wrap text you will get the option below the image to adjust the margin as shown below
- Click on the drop-down for image margin
Change the Margin to ‘0’
Similarly set the image margin to zero for the other image as well.
Step 4: Drag and drop the image create an Overlay
Now you can simply drag and drop the image over each other to create an overlay.
#By Using Google Drawings
Step 1: Start a new drawing.
- Click on Insert Menu on the Main menu bar.
- Under Insert menu drop-down Select Drawing.
- Under Drawing Select New
Step 2: Upload an image.
- Once you click on New under Drawings, A new drawing screen will pop up.
- Click on an image icon to choose an image .
Now you will get the option to upload the image .
- You can either upload the image from your local computer using the upload tab
- You can also upload the image from other sources using ‘By URL‘,’Your albums‘ such as google photos, Google Drive, or through search.
In this example, we will upload the image from a local computer
To upload the image simply drag the image in the area specified or use the option Choose an image to upload
Step 3: Upload the second image.
Similarly, upload the second image
Step 4: Drag and drop the image onto another image.
Now simply drag and drop the second image on top of the first image and adjust its size
We hope this tutorial on How to Overlap Images in Google Docs was helpful.
Related articles :
How to Sort a List Alphabetically in Google Docs
How to add Footnotes in Google Docs 2021
How to use autocorrect in Google Docs( Easy Guide 2021 )