In this tutorial, we will learn How to Create a to do list in Google Docs
To create a to do list in Google docs you can use the following methods.
- Create To do list with Google Docs Templates
- Create To do with Google tasks
- Create To do list with Strikethrough option
- Create To do List with Bulleted list feature
- Create To do List with a table
How to Create a to do list in Google Docs : Step by Step Guide
Let’s go through the above-mentioned methods in detail.
#Create To do list with Google Docs Templates
How to Create a to-do list using Google Docs Templates
Google docs have a variety of different ready-made templates with pre-configured formatting. All you need to do is download the To-do list template and you can get started with your Todo list instantly.
You can download a Google doc To-do list template as per your requirement. Such as Cute To List, To & To Buy List, Cloudy To do List, etc.
#Create To do with Google tasks
How to Create a to-do list using Google tasks
Step 1: Go to your Google doc where you will create a To-do List
Step 2: Select the tasks symbol on the right-hand side of your Google doc.
- A new screen will pop up using which you can create tasks. Click on Get Started
Step 3: On My tasks Screen, Click on Add a Task
Step 4: Provide a Title to your Task
Type your task title in the Title area as shown below and click Enter.
You can also specify the date and time using the Date/time option below details.
Similarly, add other required tasks and you will have a to-do list created for you.
- You can also add a subtask to an existing task as shown below.
- Click on the three dots in front of your task and then select “Add a subtask“
If you want to create a new task list. Simply click on the down arrow in front of My Tasks and Select “Create new list”
- When you want to mark a task as complete. Simply move your mouse cursor on the Top of the round button beside your Task title and click on it.
Your task will be marked completed.
Create To do list with Strikethrough option
How to create a to-do list with the Strikethrough option
Using the Strikethrough option in Google docs you can cross the tasks which are completed in your To-do List.
Here are the steps to do list with Strikethrough:
- Go to You Google docs and create a Task List
- Select the Task from the list which you want to mark as completed .
- Click on the Format Menu on the Main menu bar and Select Text from the drop-down.
- Now Select Strike-Through as shown below.
You can also use the Keyboard Shortcut Alt+Shift + 5
Create To do List with Bulleted list feature
How to create a To-do list with a Bulleted list feature
- Open the Google doc and create a list of Tasks
- Select All the Tasks and Click on Bulleted list down arrow from the quick menu bar and Choose a Checklist icon
Your required Checklist will be created with Bulleted List.
#Create To do List with a table
A list of tasks or any other data looks better and is easy to understand in a Tabular format.
To create a To-do list with a Table follow the below steps.
Step 1: Open the Google doc where you need to create a To-do list
- Navigate to the Main Menu bar and Click on Insert Menu.
- Under Insert Menu drop-down Select Table
- Under Table Select a 2* 3 Column
- Using the first Column we can track the status of the Task whether it is in progress or completed.
- The second column will contain the name of your tasks.You can additional columns as per your requirement
- Now Place the cursor on the second row below Status and Insert Checklist icon.
- Now to mark a task as completed simply Click inside he Checklist icon.
Your task is marked as done, Completed.
Using the preceding methods you can easily create a Todo list in Google. Feel free to try any of the above methods and see which one suits your requirement.
We hope this tutorial on How to Create a to do list in Google Docs was helpful .
Related articles :
How to Sort a List Alphabetically in Google Docs
How to add Footnotes in Google Docs 2021
How to use autocorrect in Google Docs( Easy Guide 2021 )