In this tutorial, we will learn How to view Google docs anonymously.
To view Google docs anonymously you can use the Sign out method or the Incognito Private Mode in the browser
Let’s look at both methods in detail.
How to View Google Docs Anonymously : Step by Step Guie
Method 1: Sign Out of Your Google Account
In this approach, you first need to sign out of your google login and then try to access the Google docs document.
As Google can now no more identify your identity it will show your username as an anonymous user.
Method 2 : Using Incognito Private Mode
Another method is to use the Incognito private mode in your browser. You can open the share Google docs link in the New Incognito window to anonymously access the shared Google docs file.
Step 1: Open your browser.
Open your browser for example Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
Step 2: Open the New Incognito Window.
- Now Click on the three dots on the top-right corner of your browser as shown below.
- From the drop-down select “New Incognito window“
Step 3: Open the Shared link in New Incognito Window
Now open the shared link in the New Incognito Window
What are the anonymous Animals in google docs?
When you open a shared Google docs link without your Google account login. Google will show you as an anonymous animal.
Your avatar will be shown as animal icons such as a Giraffe or bear etc.
How to view google docs Anonymously on mobile
Here are the steps to view google docs Anonymously on mobile.
Step 1: Open the Google docs app on your mobile.
Step 2: Click on the Google docs document which you want to open.
Step 3 : Go to Share and Export
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner of Google docs.
- From the drop-down Select Share and export
- Under Share and Export Choose Share.
Step 4: Go to Who has access Section
- Navigate to the bottom of your Google docs where you see “Who has access “
- Now click on any user under “Who has access “
Step 5: Change the Link Settings.
- Under Link Settings which is Restricted, Click on the Change option.
- Now Click on the Restricted.
- Change it to “Anyone with the link” by just tapping on it.
- Now Click on the back arrow on the top left Twice to get back to “Who has access screen”
Now you will see that the Link settings have been changed to anyone with the link.
Step 6: Go back to your Google docs document.
- Now click on the left arrow sign to go back to the Share Page.
- Now to close the Share page click on the cross Sign .
Step 7 : Copy the Shared Link
- Now to copy the share link, tap on the three dots on the top right corner of your Google docs.
- From the drop-down Select Copy Link.
- You link will be copied to the Clipboard as shown below.
Step 8: Open the copied link on your Browser.
Now simply paste the copied link on your browser.
In the above tutorial, we have shown you two methods to view Google docs anonymously.
We hope this tutorial on How to view Google docs anonymously was helpful.
Related articles :
How to Sort a List Alphabetically in Google Docs
How to add Footnotes in Google Docs 2021
How to use autocorrect in Google Docs( Easy Guide 2021 )
How to create a Block Quote in Google Docs ( Quick & Easy Guide )