In this article, we will learn How to turn off auto capitalization on google docs.
How to turn off auto capitalization on google docs.
- Open your Google docs
- Click on the Tools menu on the Main menu bar
- From the Tools menu drop-down, Select Preferences
- On the Preferences screen, Uncheck “Automatically capitalize words”
- Once you uncheck the option, your words will be no longer capitalise in Google docs
Let’s go through the above steps in detail with step-by-step screenshots.
How to turn off auto capitalization on google docs: Step by Step Guide
We will guide you through a step-by-step guide that was performed on a Windows PC with the Google Chrome web browser. The same steps will work on Google Docs for Mobile as well.
To turn off auto-capitalization on Google docs follow the below steps.
Step 1: Open your Google docs
Step 2: Click on the Tools menu on the Main menu bar
Step 3: From the Tools menu drop-down, Select Preferences
Step 4: On the Preferences screen, Uncheck “Automatically capitalize words“
Once you Select, Preferences, you will a Preferences screen will pop up.
Once you uncheck the option “Automatically capitalize words ” your words will no longer be capitalized automatically once you start typing in Google docs.
There are other options in Preferences that you can check or uncheck as per your requirement.
For example, if you don’t want intelligent quotes in your google docs document, you can uncheck smart quotes.
Somebody might not like an HTTP URL web address to be automatically turned into a Clickable link, in such a scenario you can uncheck “Automatically detect links”
Turn off auto-capitalization on Google docs using Android Smartphone.
Enclosed are the steps to turn off capitalization on Google docs using Android Smartphone
- Go to Settings on your Android Smartphone using the gear icon.
- Now scroll down until you see the section System.
- Under System tap on the Languages & input, option.
- Now under the Languages & input section Tap on Virtual Keyboard.
- Under Virtual Keyboard Tap on Gboard.
- Now on the Settings screen Tap on Text Correction.
- Now on the text correction screen scroll down and move the toggle to the left to turn off auto-capitalization.
How to turn off auto capitalization on google docs (Conclusion)
Using the above steps you can quickly turn off the default auto capitalization in Google docs. Feel to turn it off or keep it on as per your requirement.
We hope this tutorial on How to turn off auto capitalization on google docs was helpful.
Related articles :
How to Sort a List Alphabetically in Google Docs
How to add Footnotes in Google Docs 2021
How to use autocorrect in Google Docs( Easy Guide 2021 )