In this tutorial, we will see How to Split a Table in Google Docs.
You might have come across a situation while working with Google docs wherein you need to spit a table. You are wondering how to exactly do it in Google Docs. is there any solution?
Let’s find out How to Split a Table in Google docs.
Overview of Steps on How to Split a table in Google Docs.
- Insert a table google doc or use your existing Table
- Select and highlight the row using the Mouse and drag.
- Move the highlighted Row downwards to split the table.
- Select and delete the unwanted row.
How to Split a Table in Google Docs (Rows ) : Step by Step Guide
Step 1 : Insert a table google doc or use your existing Table .
- Navigate to the Main menu in Google docs and Click on Insert Menu.
- Under insert menu dropdown click on Table option .
- Now under Table Select the number of columns and rows ( in the below example we have select 5*8 )
- if you are using an existing table ,insert and change the number rows and columns.
Below we have created a Budget planner table. You can use your existing table as per your requirement.
Step 2 : Select and highlight the row using the Mouse and drag.
- Sect the row which you want to split using the right mouse click and dragging it until the rows are completely highlighted.
Step 3 : Move the highlighted Row downwards to split the table.
- Now drag the selected row downwards as shown below .
- Now simply detele the Blank rows .Select the two blank rows ,right click and select delete 2 rows ( number of rows might differ based on your requirement )
How to Split Columns in a Google Docs Spreadsheet
Step 1: Select the column which you want to Split.
- On your google docs file select the column on the table which you want to split.
- In the below example we will split the comments column.
Step 2: Drag the selected column to the bottom of your Google Docs
- Drag the select column by holding the mouse left click as shown below.
Step 3: Delete the unwanted Column.
- Now you can delete the unwanted column from your table.
- Select the column, right-click and then select delete.
Your selected column will now be deleted.
We hope this tutorial on How to Split a Table in Google Docs was helpful. Do check our other useful articles on Google docs.
Other related articles :