In this tutorial, we will see How to Split a Table in Google Docs.
You might have come across a situation while working with Google docs wherein you need to spit a table. You are wondering how to exactly do it in Google Docs. is there any solution?
Let’s find out How to Split a Table in Google docs.
Overview of Steps on How to Split a table in Google Docs.
- Insert a table google doc or use your existing Table
- Select and highlight the row using the Mouse and drag.
- Move the highlighted Row downwards to split the table.
- Select and delete the unwanted row.
How to Split a Table in Google Docs (Rows ) : Step by Step Guide
Step 1 : Insert a table google doc or use your existing Table .
- Navigate to the Main menu in Google docs and Click on Insert Menu.
- Under insert menu dropdown click on Table option .
- Now under Table Select the number of columns and rows ( in the below example we have select 5*8 )
- if you are using an existing table ,insert and change the number rows and columns.
Below we have created a Budget planner table. You can use your existing table as per your requirement.
Step 2 : Select and highlight the row using the Mouse and drag.
- Sect the row which you want to split using the right mouse click and dragging it until the rows are completely highlighted.
Step 3 : Move the highlighted Row downwards to split the table.
- Now drag the selected row downwards as shown below .
- Now simply detele the Blank rows .Select the two blank rows ,right click and select delete 2 rows ( number of rows might differ based on your requirement )
How to Split Columns in a Google Docs Spreadsheet
Step 1: Select the column which you want to Split.
- On your google docs file select the column on the table which you want to split.
- In the below example we will split the comments column.
Step 2: Drag the selected column to the bottom of your Google Docs
- Drag the select column by holding the mouse left click as shown below.
Step 3: Delete the unwanted Column.
- Now you can delete the unwanted column from your table.
- Select the column, right-click and then select delete.
Your selected column will now be deleted.
We hope this tutorial on How to Split a Table in Google Docs was helpful. Do check our other useful articles on Google docs.
Other related articles :
How to Sort a List Alphabetically in Google Docs
How to add Footnotes in Google Docs 2021
How to use Google docs equation editor
How to add code blocks to Google docs 2021.
How To View Two Pages Side By Side In Google Docs ( 1 Stop Guide )
How to insert Checkbox in Google Docs: Easy Guide
How to open a docx file in Google Docs: 2 Step Easy Guide